Friday, February 5, 2010

Fire and Ice

Fire and Ice by Robert Frost

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

One thing that I liked about this poem was the fact that it rhymed. It rhymed, plus it had good meaning to the poem.
One thing that I disliked about this poem was the fact that it is a depressing topic to talk about. The world ending is a big subject and it is very deep and dark.
One thing that confused me about this poem was the reasons in which the author wanted the earth to perish because of fire or ice. They mentioned a few things about it, but I couldn't tell exactly what his reasoning was.

The main poetic device used in this poem the use of symbols. A symbol is something that expresses something greater that what it actually is. An example of this is, "Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice." Ice can be a symbol for something and so can fire. The world can also be something that is significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment